Tuesday, May 1, 2012

An Olearia.

I have long oohed and aahed over the Olearia on Ravelry and finally gots me around to making one last year. Tikki is a brilliant knitwear designer and practically holds your hand right throughout the pattern. Perfect.


If you're a budding knitter or crocheter and haven't yet signed up to Ravelry,
then scoot on over and have a look see through the abundant collection of patterns and yarns listed there. A seriously cool space to hang out and meet some like minded crafters all around the world. Struggling through a project at 2am? The only time I get away from the little people. Then pop a question on the forums and someone, somewhere will answer it. I have been saved many a time this way.

 

I used Bendigo's Luxury 8 ply for this project in 'Denim'. It is so wonderfully soft and inexpensive and the perfect addition to any little girls wardrobe. Im really loving the fact it is not pink too.  The buttons are from spotlight and feature a little girl blowing bubbles... not a pipe. As dear Crafty Daddy pointed out. Hmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Things like is make me wish I could knit. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can! I've only been knitting for two years now and Im completely self taught from youtube and a little help from my nana. It is one of the most satisfying things to do and very cathartic. Join Ravelry and have a browse at all the beautiful patterns and you'll be knitting in no time.

    ReplyDelete