Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Unfinished Business.

Sometimes we all just need a shove along to finish our projects.
I certainly do.
My knitting and sewing pile sometimes gets bigger than a basket of washing on Fridays and yet I continue to spy new and exciting patterns that I desperately want to start.
So Im going to share what Im up to in the hope someone will encourage me to finish.
And to STOP. CASTING. ON. NEW. THINGS.


Here is yet another milo.
Knit in extremely cheap and splitty yarn from Big W but thats okay because the colours are cute and rustic and this will be for around the house to keep little chests and tummies warm.


The great thing about these milo vests is that they get worn EVERY DAY.
Im not kidding.
So using a cheap yarn in this instance makes me happy because it will wash and wash and wash without me stressing over every little pilled fibre.
Win, win, win.
Im also pluggin away at the grand blankie of 2012.
And i call it this because its taking me sooo long to get through.


But it is looking gorgeous and I have to wrestle it off miss 3 in order to get some rows done.
It's long enough now to cover my feet but a bit too big to be portable for some travel crochet.
The pattern is from Lucy in the Attic and the yarn was purchased during Spotlight's Christmas Sale at about $2 a pop.
There are 21 colours so roughly a $40 blanket and only about 12 months of my time.
YIKES!
But it will be worth it to see Miss 3's face when it is finished and permanently on her bed.


Would love to know what projects you have on the go?


Linking up to the crafty pursuits of And Sew We Craft.



2 comments: